New Evangelical Manifesto: A Kingdom Vision for the Common Good. David P. Gushee, editor. Chalice Press, 2012.
Peace and the Limits of War: Transcending the Classical Conception of Jihad. Louay M. Safi. International Institute of Islamic Thought, 2001.
Return: Daily Inspiration for the Days of Awe. Erica Brown. Koren, 2012. (For more on Return, see Teshuva in a Half an Inch of Water.)
Other items in the bag, FWIW, include (top left to bottom right, more or less):
- travel mug (Port City Java), hard-boiled egg, emergency protein bars and empty Starbucks bags, good for free cups of coffee;
- shopping bag and umbrella;
- zippered bag for wallet, checkbook, Jewish calendar, mini-siddur [prayerbook], and keys;
- embroidered bag for tissues, more cough drops, etc.;
- datebook, reporter’s notebook and pens, mini emergency notebook;
- prayer book and a kippa [Jewish head covering], as well as a scarf (for cool weather and/or covering for Muslim prayer events)
- medication, handkerchief, cough drop, hairbrush, eye drops;
- laptop and portable political message board.